- pro veřejnost
- Vědecké semináře
- Volná místa
|Jméno:||Mykola Mylenko, Ph.D.|
Laboratoř řasové biotechnologie
Skupina Jiřího Kopeckého
|Telefon:||+420 384 340 469|
Biotechnology, industrial biotechnology, biochemistry, bioanalytics, identification and purification of valuable and bioactive compounds, microalgae cultivation, biosustainability, food science;
Microscopy, nematology and parasitology, ecology, molecular biology and genetics;
Biomedical applications, toxicology and pharmacology.
2011-2015, Dresden International PhD Program https://www.dresden-ipp.de/ (International Max Planck Research School for Cell, Developmental and Systems Biology and the Dresden International Graduate School for Biomedicine and Bioengineering in the course of the PhD studies at the Dresden University of Technology. Max Planck Institute of Molecular Cell Biology and Genetics (Germany). Ph.D. in Biology (biochemistry). Grade: magna cum laude (very good).
2009-2011, Biological Faculty of Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv (Ukraine) https://www.univ.kiev.ua/en/departments/bm/, M.Sc. with Honors in Biochemistry; Research associate, Lecturer in Institute of Higher Education.
2005-2009, Biological Faculty of Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv (Ukraine), B.Sc. in Biology; Engineer-Laboratory Assistant in Field of Biology.
Since 2017, Postdoctoral researcher at the Laboratory of Algal Biotechnology (Biorefinery), Centre Algatech, Institute of Microbiology, Czech Academy of Science (Třeboň, Czech Republic) https://www.alga.cz/en/. Study on selenoaminoacid accumulation in microalgae cultures.
2011-2016, Research at the Max Planck Institute of Molecular Cell Biology and Genetics (Germany) https://www.mpi-cbg.de/. Study on identification and biochemical characterization of small molecules that influence development of Caenorhabditis elegans.
2010, Internship at the Institute of Organic Chemistry of the RWTH Aachen University (Germany) https://www.ioc.rwth-aachen.de/index_en.html. Project: “Structure Analysis of Small Molecules”. Study of free radical and reactive oxygen species scavenging activities of natural polyphenols.
2010-2010, Internship at the Department for Experimental Therapeutics, State Institution “Institute of Pharmacology and Toxicology of Academy of Medical Sciences of Ukraine”.
2008-2011, Research assistant at the scientific and research laboratory “Physical and chemical methods of researches” of Biological Faculty of Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv (Ukraine). Projects: 1) Nitric oxide synthase activities in gastric mucosal cells and peroxynitrite generation in experimental stress-induced gastric ulcer formation in rats; 2) Therapeutic effects of zink and fenugreek seed extract on alcohol-induced damage in rats.
2006-2007, Internship at the Laboratory of Tumor Cell Biology of Kavetsky Institute of Experimental Pathology, Oncology and Radiobiology (National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine).
Ukrainian – native speaker; English – full professional proficiency; Russian – full professional proficiency; German – fluent, Czech - basic.
1. M. Mylenko, D.L. Vu, J. Kuta, K. Ranglová, D. Kubáč, G. Lakatos, T. Grivalský, M. Caporgno, J. A. da Câmara Manoel, J. Kopecký, J. Masojídek, P. Hrouzek. Selenium Incorporation to Selenoamino Acids in Chlorella cultures grown in Phototrophic and Heterotrophic Regimes. Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry. 2020. (https://pubs.acs.org/doi/10.1021/acs.jafc.9b06196).
2. D.L. Vu, K. Saurav, M. Mylenko, K. Ranglová, J. Kuta, D. Ewe, J. Masojídek, P. Hrouzek. In vitro bioaccessibility of selenoamino acids from selenium (Se)-enriched Chlorella vulgaris biomass in comparison to selenized yeast; a Se-enriched food supplement; and Se-rich foods. Food Chemistry. 2019. (https://doi.org/10.1016/j.foodchem.2018.12.004).
3. M. Mylenko, S. Boland, S. Penkov, J. L. Sampaio, B. Lombardot, D. Vorkel, J-M. Verbavatz, T. V. Kurzchalia. NAD+ is a Food Component that Promotes Exit from Dauer Diapause in Caenorhabditis elegans. PLoS ONE. 2016. (https://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0167208).
4. M. Mylenko. Identification and biochemical characterization of food signal in Caenorhabditis elegans. PhD thesis, Technische Universität Dresden, 2015. (https://www.deutsche-digitale-bibliothek.de/item/LA5JZWFNWV5QD2NUI42YVA5NDUE3RANR?lang=en).
5. I. Maksymovych, M. Mylenko, O. Drobinska, L. Ostapchenko. Nitric oxide synthase activity and peroxynitrite content in cells of rat’s mucous coat of stomach under experimental stress-induced ulcer // Visnyk of Dnipropetrovsk University. Biology. Ecology. 2009. [In Ukrainian; Abstract available in English] (https://dx.doi.org/10.15421/010920).
SELECTED ABSTRACTS / CONFERENCE PROCEEDINGS / LECTURES
1. M. Mylenko, Max Planck Symposium for Alumni and Early Career Researchers ("Sustainability, Climate and what Diversity has got to do with it"). (Berlin, Germany, September 2019). Delegate. Travel Stipend. (https://www.mpg.de/symposium2019).
2. M. Mylenko, D.L. Vu, J. Kuta, K. Ranglová, J. Kopecký, J. Masojídek, P. Hrouzek. Production of Chlorella biomass enriched in selenoamino acids and evaluation of their in vitro bioaccessibility. The 9th International Conference on Algal Biomass, Biofuels and Bioproducts. (Boulder, USA, June 2019). Speaker.
3. M. Mylenko, J. Kuta, D.L. Vu, K. Ranglová, D. Kubáč, M. Caporgno, J. Kopecký, J. Masojídek, P. Hrouzek. Microalgal Biotechnology in Agriculture symposium (Třeboň, Czech Republic, September 2018). Poster.
4. M. Mylenko. Algatech Summer School 2018 (Třeboň, Czech Republic, July 2018). Lecture on "Algal biotechnology".
5. M. Mylenko, J. Kuta, D.L. Vu, K. Ranglová, D. Kubáč, M. Caporgno, J. Kopecký, J. Masojídek, P. Hrouzek. Algal Research for Policy-Making and Biotech symposium (Oban, UK, May 2018). Keynote speaker.
Since 2019, Max Planck Alumni Association (https://www.mpg.de/10367325/max-planck-alumni-association).
Since 2019, International Society for Applied Phycology (https://www.appliedphycologysoc.org/).
2018-2019, Phytochemical Society of Europe (https://phytochemicalsociety.org/).
2010-2011, Federation of European Biochemical Societies (https://www.febs.org/).
2003-2009, Participation in creation of National Park “Pyriatynskyi” in Ukraine, supported by the local governments (https://www.npp-p.org.ua/).