|Name:||Meri Eichner, PhD.|
Laboratory of Photosynthesis
Ondřej Prášil`s group
|Phone:||+420 384 340 445|
- Phytoplankton physiology
- Marine N2-fixing cyanobacteria
- Interaction of photosynthesis and N2 fixation
- Carbon concentrating mechanisms
- Single-cell techniques
- Chemical microenvironments
- Ocean acidification effects
- Since 2018 Postdoc/Scientist's assistant at Centre Algatech, Institute of Microbiology of the Czech Academy of Sciences, Trebon, Czech Republic
- 2016 – 2018 Postdoctoral fellow at Max Planck Institute for Marine Microbiology (MPI-MM), Bremen, Germany
- 2014 – 2016 Postdoctoral fellow at Department of Marine Sciences, University of Gothenburg, Sweden
- 2014 Visiting researcher at Daniel K. Inoye Centre for Microbial Oceanography: Reseach and Education (CMORE), Honolulu, HI, USA
- 2010 – 2014 PhD at Alfred Wegener Institute Helmholtz Centre for Polar and Marine Sciences (AWI), Bremerhaven, Germany
- 2012 Research visit at Department of Geosciences, Princeton University, NJ, USA
- 2004 – 2010 Studies of Biology (Diplom Biologie) at University of Bremen, Germany
- Single-cell regulation of N2 fixation and photosynthesis in filamentous cyanobacteria (Junior GACR project).
- Microenvironments of Trichodesmium colonies.
- Adaptation strategies to iron limitation across different phytoplankton taxa.