Laboratory of Application
ALGATECH Centre is one of the leading centres for basic and applied research of microscopic algae, cyanobacteria and photosynthetic bacteria. Its research laboratories deal with the study of photosynthesis, metabolism, molecular genetics, cell cycles and the possibilities of their influencing, phototrophic bacteria, technology of cultivation, harvesting, and extraction of valuable compounds. The cultivation of microalgae and their processing have an established HACCP system.
The Laboratory of Applications, ALGATECH Centre of the Institute of Microbiology CAS is coordinating unit providing research services partly on their own and partly in collaboration with colleagues from other laboratories of the Centre. Laboratory of Applications connects research activities of individual laboratories of the Centre with commercial sphere in the Czech Republic and abroad. The Laboratory of Applications also deals with the patent protection of scientific results in the field of microalgae.
The Laboratory of Applications of the ALGATECH Centre secures
- Contract research for partners from research and educational institutions and also from commercial companies.
- Expert consultancy for interested parties in cultivation and processing of microalgae.
- Network creation of cooperating institutions.
- Dissemination of achievements in the field of microalgae research.
- Patent protection of scientific results in the ALGATECH Centre.