Please use the mouseover sub-menu on the left of the page to navigate to other sub sections concerning Flowcytometry.
The BD Influx is a six way FACS with a blue 150mW, 488nm laser. The cytometer has four fluorescence detectors with the following filter setup: 692/40, 530/40, 580/30, 610/20. There is also a small particle attachment for the Forward Scatter detector allowing for higher resolution of events with lower sizes. Flow nozzles available are 70um, 86um, 100um, catering for a range of particle sizes. Typical uses for this machine at our institute include segregation of cells according to cell division phase, and characterizing water samples from natural water bodies (lakes, sea).
- Six way sort (up to)
- Blue laser, Solid state sapphire
- Detectors: 692/40, 530/40, 580/30, 610/20.
- Nozzle sizes: 70um, 86um, 100um.
- Typical sea water analysis ‘setup’
APOGEE A50 MICRO
The Apogee A50 Micro cytometer from Apogee Flowsystems Inc. is a compact desktop, easy to use, stand-alone instrument aimed at measuring small particles and is ideal for investigating bacterial samples. The cytometer has diode lasers, along with the following filter sets: 692/40, IR 800 LP, 525/30. A useful tool available with this cytometer is its ability to count events (cells), with the possibility of converting precisely to concentration due to the highly regulated volumes used during measurements.
- Small particle analysis ‘bacteria’
- Red Laser, Blue Laser (LED source)
- Fluorescence detectors: 692/40, IR 800 LP, 525/30
- Event/Cell counts – Concentration of sample
All data measured on our cytometers are saved as FCS files which can then be later analysed. Recommended programs for cytometric data analysis are below
- Flowjo X (ten) (Trial – Pay)
- Flowing (Free & Open-Source)