ALGATECH Summer School 2018 started!
Centre ALGATECH – Institute of Microbiology of Czech Academy of Science, Třeboň - Opatovický mlýn, 9th July - 27th July 2018
Centre ALGATECH – Institute of Microbiology of Czech Academy of Science, v. v. i., located in Třeboň, opens the first year of international summer schools for high school and undergraduate students. Our goal is to facilitate an experience of being a scientist at a renowned research institution.
- Five real scientific projects are prepared for the students to choose from based on preferences. The students will spend their time with a hands-on project under the supervision of skilled professionals, using modern equipment in our renovated laboratories. On site at the institute, confocal microscope, flow cytometry, MS-TOF and other equipment is available for use.
- Students will be presented with the certificate of attendance from the ALGATECH summer school.
- Accommodation is provided on site free of charge.
- Meals are not provided, but there are kitchenettes available in the Centre, or there will be a possibility to eat in nearby Třeboň.
|Project name||Project Leader|
|Growth monitoring of outdoor microalgae cultures||Ing. Karolína Ranglová|
|Photosystem II biogenesis in the model organism cyanobacterium Synechocystis PCC 6803||Ěva Kiss, Ph.D.|
|Role of phycobilisomes in microdomains localization and thylakoid membrane structure in cyanobacteria Synechocystis PCC 6803 mutants||MSc. Myriam Canonico|
|Algae ‐ who forms an internal carbon pool?||Daniela Ewe, Ph.D.|
|Photoautotrophy maintenance in PRC2 mutants of the bryophyte model organism Physcomitrella patens||Mgr. Helena Hönig Mondeková|
TERMS, REQUIREMENTS AND ORGANIZATION
- Summer school will be held between 9 – 27 July 2018.
- The ALGATECH Summer school can only be attended by a undergraduate students (bachelors preferred), aged 18 and over.
- In rare cases, and by prior arrangement, students can accommodate a day earlier, on Sunday, July 8.
- Beginning/Registration: 8:00 - 12:00 on Monday July 9.
- Welcome speech and guided tour through the research facility: 13:00-16:00.
- Project work starts on Tuesday July 10 and will be carried out in 1 - 2 person teams.
- Final oral presentations of the individual projects will take place on Thursday 26, together with a final discussion and certificate presentation. Then follow the Farewell Party. Departure will be possible the next day.
Fill in the Online registration, you are asked to:
- Choose two of the offered projects; one as your main interest project and one as an alternative standby project.
- register via online registration by 15 May 2018 at the latest.
- Upload your CV. Please let us know your field of study.
- Successful applicants will be informed by an email about the project they are assigned to by May 20.
- An invitation letter and other documents will be send by post mail.
Contact: Mgr. Helena Hönig Mondeková , firstname.lastname@example.org, tel: +420 384 340 434.
For questions regarding the scientific projects, please contact directly the lecturers responsible for individual projects.