ALGATECH Summer School
Centre ALGATECH – Institute of Microbiology of Czech Academy of Science, Třeboň - Opatovický mlýn, 10th July - 28th July 2017
Centre ALGATECH – Institute of Microbiology of Czech Academy of Science, v. v. i., located in Třeboň, opens the first year of international summer schools for high school and undergraduate students. Our goal is to facilitate an experience of being a scientist at a renowned research institution.
- Six real scientific projects are prepared for the students to choose from based on preferences. The students will spend their time with a hands-on project under the supervision of skilled professionals, using modern equipment in our renovated laboratories. On site at the institute, confocal microscope, flow cytometry, MS-TOF and other equipment is available for use.
- Students will be presented with the certificate of attendance from the ALGATECH summer school. The best project will be awarded with financial reward.
- Accommodation is provided on site free of charge.
- Students will be provided with financial subsidy for catering as no cafeteria is available on site. There are several restaurants in Třeboň, reachable within 5 min by the institutional car.
TERMS AND ORGANIZATION
- Summer school will be held between 10 – 28 July 2017.
- In rare cases, and by prior arrangement, students can accommodate a day earlier, on Sunday, July 09.
- Beginning/Registration: 8:00-12:00 on Monday July 10 .
- Welcome speech and guided tour through the research facility: 13:00-16:00.
- Project work starts on Tuesday July 11 and will be carried out in 1-2 person teams.
- Final oral presentations of the individual projects will take place on Friday July 28, together with a final discussion and certificate presentation.
Fill in the Online registration, you are asked to:
- choose two of the offered projects; one as your main interest project and one as an alternative standby project.
- Upload your CV.
- Successful applicants will be informed by an email about the project they are assigned to by May 15.
- An invitation letter and other documents (if needed for visa process) will be send by post mail.
Contact: Mgr. Helena Hönig Mondeková , email@example.com, tel: +420 384 340 434.
For questions regarding the scientific projects, please contact directly the lecturers responsible for individual projects.