Laboratory of Application
ALGATECH Centre is one of the leading centres for basic and applied research of microscopic algae, cyanobacteria and photosynthetic bacteria. Its research laboratories deal with the study of photosynthesis, metabolism, molecular genetics, cell cycles and the possibilities of their influencing, phototrophic bacteria, technology of cultivation, harvesting, and extraction of valuable compounds.
The cultivation of microalgae and their processing have an established HACCP system.
The Laboratory of Applications, ALGATECH Centre of the Institute of Microbiology CAS connects research activities of individual laboratories of the Centre with commercial sphere in the Czech Republic and abroad.
The Laboratory of Applications also deals with the patent protection of scientific results in the field of microalgae.
The Laboratory of Applications of the ALGATECH Centre secures
- Contract research for partners from research and educational institutions and also from commercial companies.
- Expert consultancy for interested parties in cultivation and processing of microalgae.
- Network creation of cooperating institutions.
- Dissemination of achievements in the field of microalgae research.
- Patent protection of scientific results in the ALGATECH Centre.
The Laboratory of Applications was established in the frame of the Food for Future programme, Strategy AV21 in 2018. The Laboratory is operated by the Institute of Microbiology CAS.